Friday, August 1, 2008

Disappointments in Life

Ok, I know I am not always the most cheerful person but I do try to be happy and have fun, act crazy, etc. I dont always want to be a bummer. Nobody wants to stick around someone down all of the time...someone who will suck the life out of everything. But lately it seems that disappointments are everywhere I turn.

I could start with family. A daughter that hates me as does her husband. Their children that I never see (some I have never seen at all). A brother who could care less if I died. A daddy that has given up and wants to suck the whole world into his way....he is miserable and is making everyone else miserable as well. SIL was recently diagnosed with cancer and it has spread to lymph glands. One of the kids I worked with in school recently died. And I have my own battles going on.

We go to see Billy Currington in concert. We went to see him 2 years ago and had sooooo much fun. I rushed out to get his cd, we played it nonstop, talked about the concert all summer long, etc. So we go this year. Concert was ok. There are no chairs at all...Billy requested no chairs since someone stood in them then fell and got hurt 2 years ago. He had a local kid open for him. We were not impressed at all. He finally takes the stage and plays. It was the same stuff as last time but he didnt sing some of his best songs. After the concert we were all excited, we wanted to meet him (again) and get autographs. The band signed autographs and posed for pics. Billys dog was out walking around. But, no Billy. Talk about let down. Talk about disappointment. It was as if he were TOO BIG to have anything to do with his fans. I even had little autograph books I made just for this. We left there shaking our heads and saying that we will not be rushing out for the cd, or to any more concerts. What a waste!!!!

I go to the store to buy a cd I have been dying to get....only to find out that the company that does their ordering didnt order the cds at all. I even went to several other Walmart stores to get it....same thing no go.

Then the new book in the Twilight series Breaking Dawn comes out at midnight tonight. We have all been waiting on this for a long while. I got everyone into this book and now we patiently await the book....even wanting a book release party as well. I call around and Walmart (again) doesnt know if they will even get the book....Anderson Co does the ordering. Andersone Co....YOU SUCK!!!! I see on Stephenie Meyers website a link to Twilight Series Events in your area....I called the WM stores on the list....one said they will release 40 copies at midnight, another doesnt know what I am talking about, another said they are doing nothing, another said they will sell the book if they get copies. WTH, how is that a book release party????

I guesss it is a good thing that my very few close friends are not disappointing. They are the only things keeping me going, making me smile. They are the bright spot in my day. Thank you my friends.

No comments: